Sunday, January 6, 2008

No More Holidays

I'm glad we wrapped up the 'holiday season'. The stretch from Thanksgiving to New Year's Day feels like you can't get anything done, really, and is usually distracting and alienating in all the ways that is is 'supposed' to be refreshing and fulfilling.

That being said, I had a great New Year's Eve this year, which is pretty rare. My friends Remy and Åsne came into town from Las Vegas for a few days and we condensed our activities to bikes, ethiopian food, booze, photo booth, baking cinnamon rolls, scarf shopping, and some New Year's Eve show It was great.

Remy is a pretty old friend, first from Cleveland punk crew, then from the craziest punkrock warehouse ever, where many strong friendships were born. Åsne introduced me to what is now My Absolute Favorite Thing On The Internet, a title sure to last at least 2 or 3 days. Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfU-4Y4_akY

Anyway, now that all of that is over, I feel like I can use the complete weeks to get back to work. Not only at my actual work, but also in terms of writing music, continuing to learn Spanish, all that sort of thing. The baking may go on a back burner now that everyone has taken inventory of holiday food consumption.

Oh wait, maybe I'm not out of the woods on the holiday mindset just yet. I'm flying back to Ohio for my mother's birthday at the beginning of February. But I'm bringing back my fixed gear! A whole new set of bearings to clean and grease, new/old projects to work on!

No comments: